Welcome to the Adult Burn Support UK (ABSUK) forum

Our forum is free and provides a safe place for adult burn survivors to connect and support each other by discussing and sharing their personal experiences of burns related issues.  It’s easy to use: simply browse the ‘recent topics’ listed in each category to see what’s being talked about.  You can post, comment or reply by clicking an existing topic or if you can’t find what you’re looking for, start a new topic by clicking into a category, click add topic, name it and type your message.  You need to be registered to use our forum so please register or login

If at any time you are unhappy with posts you see on our forum, please report it to forumadmin@adultburnsupportuk.org.




Joined:3 years  ago
Posts: 1
13/10/2021 7:36 pm  

I have watched some Youtube videos on ‘Skin TE’ that are now three to four years old. I had never heard of this product until now, but it seems that it’s a simple procedure that restores full thickness of lost skin in burns or injuries. It looks revolutionary. Does anyone know if this is available on the NHS in the UK. The videos show that it comes from the USA. 

Or are the claims not up to the reality? Does anyone know any more about it?



Member Moderator
Joined:4 years  ago
Posts: 42
21/10/2021 5:14 pm  

Hi Cyclops, I have asked a couple of burn surgeons in the UK about this and they hadn’t heard of it so I would suggest that it hasn’t been approved in the UK. I can only find info on their website about FDA approval.  I will email the company and see if I can find out anything further – but if anyone else has some information, please add here! thanks


Please Login or Register